Tuesday 21 December 2010

It's my mothers...

...and that was the wrong use of an apostrophe wasn't it? My old english teacher, who gave up on trying to get me to spell properly, never gave up on trying to get us all to use good grammar. And for the most part I think I do but sometimes you just have to ask is it 'its' or 'it's'...anyone care to enlighten me?

Anyway, back to the story (ignoring the fact I haven't blogged since july). Almost everything that I get complimented on seems to either belong or used to belong to my mum. Yesterday, I went to a fantabulous dinner party, created by my friends over on http://ionanoo.wordpress.com/ and I borrowed my mums pink party dress which duly got complimented on. I wear all of my mums old jewellery because it is just so cool. I even have some of her old tights! Its almost becoming a catch phrase of sorts - its my mothers, its my mums...sigh! That said, even though I complain, I can't help but plan my next raid into her jewellery box to steal her now untouched but still magnificent collection of bangles ;)

Don't get me wrong, I love my mummy dearest but you get to my age and you're supposed to be breaking free, leaving your parents behind and I'm suddenly finding that I'm wearing exactly the same stuff that my mum did when she was 19! Ah well, lets just hope it is because she is such a cool chick and consequently, so am I :D

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment