Friday 9 July 2010

4 months later

So, I managed a riveting total of 5 posts before I once again ground to a halt with my blog. And I am starting, for the millionth time, again. A completely gratuitous decision no doubt but hopefully an enjoyable one. The theory behind this great decision is that, now that I have finished with that great national institution of the GCSE I should have all the time in the world ahead of me.

Judging from the business of the past few weeks the summer, although fun, will most likely not be as calm and quiet as I had predicted (to my delight, I must add). In the past three weeks I have: had a picnic with some friends, where one decided to embark on a love affair with a tree and we were all chased my man-eating geese; visited my aunt wherein I ate magnums, had a bibliotherapy session and drooled over beautiful hand made books, had hot chocolates (and normal chocolates) and had a generally fabulous time in the penines; then carried on to my grandparents and watched carry ons and spent the whole time playing with adorable four week old kittens; had two induction days at a prospective sixth form; went on yet another picnic but with different friends and watched Shrek in 3D, which was actually very entertaining to my surprise as I have never been a big shrek fan; then I had yet another sixth form induction; yesterday, i went to a very sumptuous and tasteful garden party (yes, with other teenagers - more info on my firends blog http://ionanoo.wordpress.com/) where I stuffed myself with cake and got married to a wasp - wodger the fourth, while gazing at beautifully aranged flowers in tea pots. A very hectic time indeed.

But even through that busy period I have manged to do a little bit of crafting. I made an apolgy gift out of inchies to send out with an art journal which I had held onto for way too long. I have also swapped three ATC and am working on some dottee dolls for yet another swap that I am in. As I can't find my camera, however and you haven't heared from me in a long imte, here are a few creations from the back catalogue (any questions, just ask):


*Crochet fingerless gloves, where I was experimenting with crocheting the flower directly into the glove, rather than making it sperately and sewing it on (yes I am lazy)






*A cake created for a friends 16th birthday - the blob in the middle is a heart, and it honestly looked nicer in person.





*Crochet purse, witha lining and modelled by some chocolate bugs :)
So, just a few of the things I've been doing - I will be back to you all soon with more news and crafts hopefully,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment