Friday 19 February 2010

Introducing moi!

Oh my that does sound terrible doesn't it! Just a teensy little bit up myself - but I guess it works just as well as any phrase. Now a few of you might be a little bit confused, sitting there scratching your heads, staring at the computer screen and thinking 'I'm sure I've seen this blog before'. No, you are not going through a midlife memory destroying crisis - I did use to have some posts on this site. And then along came a broken camera, school work and all those other little things that can get in the way. But all that time I've still made things and read other peoples blogs; so, as I have just purchased a new camera (just an old £80 job, nothing fancy), I've decided to plunge myself back into the blogsphere with a new zest and what better place to start than an introduction.

First things first: I would like to apologise for the overuse and misuse of my camera - I am still a state of euphoria! So, some things about me. hmmm.....

I love skirts. And tights. And boots. Despite having extra chunky legs :D Not quite sure why but I feel a little bit more classy wearing them:

I have permed hair. And its gorgeous ( well it is when I can be bothered to get up in the morning and don't just scrape it back into a bun - like today so no picture). I've also just dyed it purple - not quite sure what the system is going to make of that when I get back into school after half-term.

I love black and white photographs. I always like to look at people and wonder where they're from and whom they loved and what they did. I'm also just discovering the joy of taking black and white photos:


I'm always reading. I read a lot of fantasy books (I have a bit of a love affair with Tamora Pierce - her books I hasten to add ;) especially books retelling myths and fairy stories, and also historical novels and classics (Pride and Prejudice anyone?) Its not uncommon for me to read one or more books in a sitting. For instance, I just read the whole of Troy by Adele Geras this morning.
As well as skirts, I also love jackets. I only have two, both of which were picked up in charity shops, but I wear them all the time. Please don't get the idea though that I'm terrible girly-girly - I hardly ever wear make-up and generally get up a scant 20 minutes before the school bus goes. Here is another picture of me, showing off my delicious brown jacket.

Crafty wise I do papery stuff like cards, ATC and I would love to do more altered books and shrines. However I procrasinate a lot and spend more time looking at other peoples things than excersising my own mojo. I also crochet a lot and you'll normally find some wool and hooks in my bag (what else is the ride to school good for?). I've picked up some knitting needles and will no doubt try that at some point. I also do a bit of sewing and jewelry making - I'm very can do and will just start at the more complicated end of crafting if I see something I want to make.

Ok, so I think that might be enough about me for now. After all, if I tell all then there will be no incentive to read on will there?

Bye for now,
Hannah

P.S. Who can tell me what another of my favourite book series are just from looking at my crochet basket ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to visit! It was nice to find a new blog to some see. I'm like you on the procrastinating. There is so much out there, especially inspiring blogs. I could just look at it all day. But then I never get anything done in the studio if I do that. I've been trying to make a point of getting off the computer and at least starting a few things just so I can say 'I started something.' lol But then creativity takes over and I'm off.
    I like that you crochet/knit on the bus! I learned the tiny basics of crochet 1 1/2 years ago and did several granny squares but never did more. I really want to get back to it.

    I look forward to checking into your blog again! Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Harry Potter anyone? *g*

    Another here who ADORES the retelling of Fairy Tales and Myths and also well known historical figures (who knew Byron was a vampire?? *g* Vampyre by Tom Holland if you wanna read, let me know)

    Lovely to 'meet' you. From one purple haired blogger to another ;)

    ReplyDelete